What is laser dentistry?
The word laser is actually an acronym that stands for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation, and they’ve been used in the dental and medical field for several decades. Lasers use light energy to precisely remove damaged or unwanted soft tissue.
How laser dentistry can help you
If you have ever felt that your smile was too “gummy”, then laser dentistry could be for you! Using a laser instead of traditional techniques will help give you that perfect smile you’ve always wanted! A few other uses for laser dentistry include:
- Decrease dental sensitivity following gum recession
- Removal of cavities
- Gathering suspect tissue for oral cancer testing
- Removal of excess bacteria at and below the gums
- Removal of dark or discolored soft tissue
- Pain relieving cold sore treatments
- Removal of overgrown tissue